Chinese Herbal Recipes for Weight Loss in Different Age Groups (Journal of Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture)
List Price: $1.00
Sale Price: Too low to display.
Chinese herbal recipes for weight loss in different age groups are collected here, including recipes specifically for teens, young women, and the elderly. According to traditional Chinese medicine, different age groups may have different characteristics of obesity. For example, teenagers are prone to have heat in the stomach and spleen. Young women tend to have Qi-stagnation in the liver. Women during menopause tend to have Yin-deficiency in the liver and kidney. Senior people usually have deficiencies in the kidney. Different herbal recipes should be used according to these different features of obesity in different age groups. Many of these recipes are also effective for healing obesity-associated diseases such as hypertension and hyperlipidemia. Excerpts from “Chinese Herbal Recipes for Weight Loss in Different Age Groups”: “It is especially good for obesity in young women. … can remove phlegm and promote diuresis. It is used for scrofula, goiter, tumor, edema, beriberi, and hypertension. … can prevent and treat hypothyroidism, and lower blood pressure….”“It is especially good for those people getting overweight during menopause. …is analgesic and can calm the liver, nourish Yin, clear liver-fire, and improve visual acuity….”“…can nourish the liver, kidney, and improve visual acuity. It is used for frequent urination, dizziness, tinnitus, seminal emission, enuresis, and night sweat….”
No features available.
- Medicine for the Outdoors E-Book: The Essential Guide to Emergency Medical Procedures and First Aid (Medicine for the Outdoors: The Essential Guide to First Aid &)
- Fundamentals of Complementary and Alternative Medicine – E-Book Version to be sold via e-commerce site (Micozzi, Fundamentals of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine)
- Fanaroff and Martin’s Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine E-Book: Diseases of the Fetus and Infant – Expert Consult (Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (Fanaroff))
- Biomedical Acupuncture for Sports and Trauma Rehabilitation E-Book: Dry Needling Techniques
- Cooking for Two: Recipes for Every Day and Those Special Nights 120